School on Wheels is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping homeless children in Massachusetts receive an education.
- Offer support from kindergarten to college
- People they help live in temporary housing (renovated nursing homes with 1 room for entire families to live, motels, camp)
- There are 6,000 unaccompanied youth in Massachusetts
- Average age of a homeless person in Massachusetts- 8 years old (37,000-50,000 of them)
What they need
- Number one priority — CASH
- NEW school supplies and backpacks
- Pencils, pencil cases, loose-leaf paper
- Younger students – craft materials: crayons, colored pencils, markers, etc.
- Older students – scientific calculators, notebooks, etc.
Let’s join together and help bring the joy of education into every child’s life!